I wrote it in November 2009 after finishing my first book, thinking I'd give it a while before I'd start another one. That, however, didn't last and I started my second novel a few days afterwards. :)
It's called Sapphire (my skills at coming up with titles has improved since this, as well as my paragraphing!)
Enjoy
“Go on without me!” She urged, almost pushing me along the dark dank cave. I was about to object when she said, “Go on! We’ll both die if you don’t!” That was the only thing she could have said to make me continue. I had to go on. It was the only way to save her. I bent down so that I was level with her eyes, that beautiful sea green, and gently pushed back her soft, damp hair. I noticed that she was shivering. I slipped off my jacket and put it on top of her. I softly kissed her forehead and was gone. I darted down the tunnel. Black. Nothing but Black. More and more. I felt as though it was squeezing me, crushing my lungs making it difficult to breathe. All I could think about was the person I’d left behind. I had to save her. If it was the last thing I would ever do . . . I was gasping now, pulling in a huge, scraping lungfuls of air. And then I saw a strip of light. The light at the end of the tunnel. That crazy lunatic was right! I span round the corner and almost collided with the huge glass case. The case was square and very clean. No human finger print had contaminated the surface. Strange. Was I the only person to ever get this far? Suspended within the case was a glowing sapphire. It cast a strange light around the cave and drew me in. I couldn’t take my eyes away from the glowing gem. I stood for a long time staring, no thoughts entered or exited my head. I was severely wrenched back into the present by an agonising scream. I could suddenly remember why I was here and what I was doing. Maybe this was why the case had never been touched. It was obviously magical and very, very dangerous. I summoned all of my strength from my already weakened body and threw myself against the case. It smashed into a thousand pieces sending shards of glass spiralling in every direction. I was covered in cuts, some only minor, but others sliced through me like a knife. My whole body was now covered in blood but I didn’t care. I grabbed the curious stone and ran full pelt back the way I had come. I stumbled on a rock and landed in my loves arms. She stared into my eyes, momentarily halting the whole of time and space. I had done it. I had saved her. The sapphire could be used to make a very precious liquid. It was going to save her, my broken love. The air began to squash me again, but it was nothing to do with the darkness that surrounded us. Her hot breath caressed my cheek and I shuddered. She smiled, lighting up our dark world. Suddenly we were kissing and then nothing else mattered. I was with her, she was with me, and everything was going to be fine.
I am most impressed with how your words flow together. There rarely seems to be a lull in the prose or a lag in interest as I read. You are truly talented.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, that means the absolute world to me!
ReplyDelete